Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Rollguard, a division of Great Northern Corporation and the world’s leading single-source supplier of innovative packaging products for roll and cylindrical products is welcoming candidates for a full-time Account Manager for our Southeast sales territory. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
To maintain current accounts and develop new accounts by creatively solving or improving their packaging. These improvements & solutions must lead to increased profitable sales while providing customer service to all clients and developing a mutually beneficial relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Promote and sell all Rollguard products including non-traditional high value products.
- Target accounts and particular pieces of business to maximize sales using assorted software.
- Develop and maintain Focus 15 customer target list.
- Communicate with the General Manager and customer service to meet customer needs.
- Represent the company on sales calls.
- Follow-up phone calls to clients to assure quality products and service meet their needs and expectations.
- Fill out expense reports weekly.
- Offer presentations and proposals to clients and prospective clients.
- Develop relationships throughout all levels of prospects and existing accounts.
- Involve Great Northern Corporation employees at all levels of our organization.
- Handle issues that may arise.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Remain current with technology and industry advancements.
- Participate in continuous improvement and effectively communicate opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- Occasionally assist in the collection reduction of A/R’s.
- Maintenance of the company vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The Account Manager must hold a packaging related bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years packaging sales related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of different styles and methods of packaging products.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read drawings.
- Must be willing to travel 70 to 80% of time.
- Skilled in Outlook and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Power Point) for communication within GNC and with its customers.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.