Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Responsible for performing a variety of routine to moderately complex work activities in accordance with general work instructions and established inventory/shipping practices. Performs various administrative and shipping related tasks, and demonstrates effective and efficient performance in accordance with GNC quality and efficiency standards by performing the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Performs inventory cycle counts on a daily basis.
- Is the primary backup to the Inventory Control position and is capable of:
- Monitoring and directing the receipt of all inbound customer supplied product. Including the verification of inbound material, handling and proper distribution of all paperwork, and tagging and tracking of on hand quantities.
- Answering of all customer specific daily inventory data requests, involving communication via spreadsheets, word documents, and e-mails on any project specific information that is requested on a daily basis.
- Entering and manage all data related to customer specific supplied product within the customer’s inventory system. Including the communication of project specific quantities to fulfillment staff and the verification that quantities match those in GNC’s systems at least twice each month.
- Communicating quantities and coordinates the transfer of all customer supplied project that is left over at the end of projects. This includes packaging this material back into master cases and preparing for shipment.
- On a monthly basis assists in verifying and entering all month-end balances into MIRS (customer’s inventory management program), and assists in verifying and entering all daily production quantities in MIRS (customer’s inventory management program).
- Is the secondary backup to the Shipping Planner during peak seasons and is capable of:
- Is proficient in and able to perform all tasks involved in the daily interaction with UPS, Fed-Ex, and tracking data support as assigned by the Logistics Manager or Warehouse Coordinator.
- Is proficient in receiving batch shipping spreadsheets from customers, re-formatting the spreadsheets, and importing them as a batch into both Fed Ex and UPS label printing programs.
- Works closely with and communicates effectively with Account Coordinators, Customers, and personnel from other departments on all issues related to inventory.
- Assists Controller and Logistics Manager by running month end inventory reports.
- Creates and distributes Customer inventory reports in customer specific formats on a weekly and bi-monthly schedule and keeps an accurate summary of reports, formats, schedules, and customer contacts.
- Assists Logistics Manager in the creation of the monthly 3M warehousing reports for both finished goods and customer supplied inventory.
- Assists Warehouse Coordinator in the creation of the monthly GNC-WOW warehousing reports for finished goods, work in progress, and customer supplied inventory.
- Regular and reliable attendance.