Great Northern Corporation, a manufacturer of corrugated packaging and display items is currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Quality Assurance Technician.
Our ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years of Quality experience in manufacturing operations and or safety/ occupational health background. This position has an emphasis placed on product quality control, process control and quantitative measurements.
- Initiate, administrate, and finalize Corrective and Preventive Actions. Provides interface and support to customer quality issues and concerns. Facilitates an effective response and leads a course of action for problem resolution.
- Performs in-process quality control and product specific tasks as required. (i.e. First Article Inspection, Qualification testing/assurance, Failure analysis, Root Cause analysis, Customer press checks and Product Inspections).
- Review Internal and External quality trends, track root causes, initiate and implement corrective actions, and track effectiveness.
- Participate in the review of design, manufacturing, test, and qualification requirements.
- Provides input and recommendations to management on process and/or procedural improvements. At times, will lead process improvement efforts.
- Interacts with representatives from a variety of functional groups: Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, GNC Management, Sales, Customer Service, Project Management, Manufacturing Supervision and Direct Labor.
Skills / Experience/ Education Requirements:
- Minimal experience is required. A two year educational degree or equivalent experience takes precedence. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills in both oral and written format.
- High level of ability to work effectively with employees and managers/supervisors and the ability to convey a positive and professional image to employees and customers.
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure, manuals and order specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
We offer an excellent benefit package: Health and dental insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance and more.
If you are willing to multi-task in a fast-paced creative environment and are ready to take the next step in a successful and rewarding career with a stable company, apply today!