Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Plans, directs and implements GNC-CF quality, training, and continuous improvement programs. Additional duties include quality control and providing direction and development of a system to assure that all products meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Develops, evaluates, and maintains effective, efficient training and continuous improvement programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a quality program to ensure conformity of purchased material and final manufactured products to all quality standards.
- Understanding of customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Maintains and communicates all aspects of the quality program. Tracks, maintains and reports on the status of all CAR’s. Assures timeliness of reporting, corrective action and closure of all quality issues.
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing changes.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Develops, implements and maintains ISO system throughout Great Northern (CF). Assures the facility is prepared for the semi-annual audit and that internal audits have occurred consistently throughout the year.
- Promotes the need for teamwork in order to attain production goals and objectives.
- Initiates training programs that encompass all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Develops and maintains employee training and cross-training programs that achieve the individual’s potential and added value to the organization. Extends the program to all levels and departments.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Assure that an annual plan is developed and implemented for Lean/World Class kaizen events that meet the needs of GNC-CF current and future efficiency and process improvement goals.
- Develop and maintain a means to assure compliance with lean 5S efforts through audits or other tracking devices.
- Leads and facilitate continuous improvement efforts using Lean, DMAIC, and Kaizen methodologies in the areas of quality, safety, and throughput.
- Maintains employee training records through the continuous improvement assistant.
- Ensures, with the assistance of the Lean/continuous improvement coordinator, complete responsibility for developing and administering new employee training orientation programs; devises methods to evaluate and continually improve upon orientation effectiveness; and follows up throughout the orientation process to ensure quality measures are in place and strictly observed.
- Draft applications and proposals to submit to fund granting authorities such as government and foundations.