Our core values are the foundation of our culture and have made Great Northern a great company to work for and do business with for over 50 years.
- Act with consistency and predictability that does not waiver in the face of adversity.
- Have honesty and respect underlie all of your actions.
- Earn the trust of others and be trusting of others.
- Do what is right, not what is merely convenient.
- Be responsible for your position and be accountable for your actions and choices.
- Be decisive – make thoughtful decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Treat every day with the same “can do” attitude of your first day.
- Be supportive of and responsive to your co-workers and GNC stakeholders.
- Commit to coaching and mentoring at all levels.
- Serve the customer through innovation, responsiveness, and quality.
- Prevent bureaucracy by allowing responsible people to make decisions.
- Be a fair and fierce competitor.
- Encourage risk taking and support change.
- Provide a work environment that is safe.
- Participate in open and honest communications.
- Involve people in decision-making and be open to ideas from all sources.
- Recognize individual contributions as well as team successes.
- Hire talented individuals and provide them with the tools to succeed.
- Conduct ourselves with the highest regard for our customers, employees, suppliers, other stakeholders and the communities in which we work.