Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Laminations, a division of Great Northern and leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for full-time Account Coordinator at our Appleton, WI facility.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Initiates, coordinates and follows customer orders and related manufacturing and shipping detail insuring quality products are received by the customer as purchased. Partners with outside Account Manager to sell packaging products.
- Process inquiries with regard to orders, price requests, product information, verification of ship date, expediting orders, ordering samples, etc.
- Process price quoting which includes obtaining freight rates and creating and forwarding BCM quotes to customer.
- Coordinate with Account Manager closing opportunities, driving increased sales.
- Estimate new product costs based on index.
- Maintain NSQ’s.
- Create new customers in the BCM system. Assist finance department with credit check background on all potential new customers.
- Gathers and reviews all the necessary order entry specifications and details so the order can be manufactured and delivered per the customer’s request.
- Calculates and verifies product pricing per established company schedules.
- Enters all order specification information into computer including customer, product, board, pricing, quantity, ship dates, and so forth.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires at least a high school diploma, two-year technical degree preferred.
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks.
- Legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms.
- Ability to operate computer.
- Ability to solve problems and make adjustments regarding process and product using logical thinking.
- Ability to deal with deadline pressures.
- Maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Meet deadlines that change frequently.
- Deal effectively with time pressures, stress and change.
Person hired must be available to work Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with an hour unpaid lunch.
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer