For more than 50 years, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our extensive experience in designing, developing and manufacturing packaging and display solutions guarantees that our customers have access to the resources and expertise necessary to develop packaging that performs.
Learn more about the advantages of living and working in Northeast Wisconsin: ‘North of What You Expect’
Records payments to customers’ accounts and maintains accounts receivable records. Prepare invoices for customer’s daily and completes credit references.
- Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicates opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- Apply cash receipts to correct invoices.
- Contact customers regarding outstanding balance.
- Post and update daily cash receipts
- Work with salespeople, customer service and customers on questions pertaining to outstanding invoices.
- Monitors and maintains outstanding accounts.
- Follows through on short payments and over payments.
- Prepares intercompany cash receipts, weekly.
- Balances accounts for intercompany cash receipts, monthly.
- Assists with related special projects and month-end close, as required.
- Account reconciliations including monthly bank reconciliation.
- Daily billings, which includes:
- Credit memos
- Scrap, pricing
- Freight charges to customers
- Pallet exchange or charge
- Cutting dies and printing plates – weekly
- Batch customers – 15th and 30th of each month.
- Must be able to make major decisions in the area of accounts receivable
- Maintain frequent contact with the following:
- Accounting staff
- Customer service
- Maintain frequent contact with customers outside of the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The full-time accounting clerk must hold an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Working hours will be Monday-Friday 8 hours between the hours of 7am and 5pm. Some flexibility may be required.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance; long and short time disability, paid time off, paid holidays, profit sharing and 401(k) with company match.