Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Laminations, a division of Great Northern Corporation and a leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for a part-time Accounting Intern candidate for our Appleton office. With our vision to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future; this is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
We offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Part-time position to help out in the Accounting performing various administrative and accounting tasks. Able to demonstrate effective customer-service-oriented performance by courteously, efficiently, and professionally performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Assists accounting with coding invoices with the proper general ledger account number and data entry of Laminations accounts payable invoices into the accounts payable system.
- Prepare and process customer invoices.
- Reviews and compares account payable invoice costs to price lists to monitor the accuracy of invoice.
- Assists accounting with matching accounts payable invoices with weekly checks.
- Assists other accounting team members by researching and preparing cash receipts batches. Alerts accountant of discrepancies between payment and invoices amount. Working with the accounting team members, investigates short pay invoices for reconciliation.
- Assists with filing of accounting documentation.
- Other projects as needed.
- Maintains integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Promotes a positive work environment Remains current on changes in policies, procedures, and product information.
- Knows, understands, and follows all Great Northern Corporation’s general rules and office policies/procedures.
- Special projects as needed.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE
Takes work direction and reports to the Accounting Manager. Works closely with accounting, customer service and manufacturing operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The Accounting Intern should have (or be near completion of) an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in accounting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience would be preferred. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms; telephone etiquette skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers, clients and other employees. Ability to calculate figures such as ratios, discounts, interest, commission, proportions, and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; ability to solve problems; capable of dealing with deadline pressures; and well organized.