Great Northern Corporation, a manufacturer of corrugated packaging and display items is seeking an Administrative Assistant. In this role, you will work closely with both external customers and other internal stakeholders in ensuring that our customer’s expectations are exceeded.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant to Design Team assists the team in performing a variety of graphics structural and pre-production related tasks and support functions for Manufacturing, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Manage information on element lists, design specs, PSF’s to assure project is accurately defined and communicated to Target and internal team.
- Daily communication with Design, Sales and Target team to move projects from inception to completion.
- Provide backup for writing up prototype and production design requests with Sales input and manage project timelines to meet customer requirements.
- Manage daily email requests and ensures timely response by interacting with team members to gain needed information and requirements. Send to Target and/or Sales.
- Develop and participate in process improvement initiatives that enhance the effectiveness of the product development process.
- Inform customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Provide price quotations for customers, prospective customers, and sales people.
- Provide some administrative support for sales people and management.
- Write, type, edit orders, or enter data accurately into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
- Sense of urgency to expedite orders.
- Route orders to appropriate department for order processing and follow up on orders to ensure delivery by specific dates.
- Participate in periodic staff meetings and attend daily Target meetings.
- Participate in periodic training and development programs.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous job-related tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Work with minimal supervision on projects and tasks.
|Customer Orientation||Ability to operate with the customer’s best interest in mind.
Excellent Phone skills.
|Creativity||Look for ways to improve relationships with customers and to make servicing the customers more efficient.|
|Ethics & Integrity||Take responsibility for actions and use best judgement when making decisions. Be responsible for your own safety and those of others.|
|Collaboration||Ability to work with other departments and facilities.|
- Degree in Business Administration and/or 2 – 3 years of Admin or Customer Service experience.
- Basic understanding of the Lithographic, Digital and Flexographic printing processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.); proficiency with Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with PC or Mac.
- Strong attention to detail and attention to accuracy.
- Highly creative and spatial visualization.
- Strong interpersonal communication with the ability to work with a remote team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of different tasks.
- Commitment to ethical business standards and personal integrity.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Approachable and strong sense of team work.
GNC offers an excellent benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, paid time off, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, etc. We are a Tobacco Free campus.