Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; near-site clinic; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Under the direction of the Vice President/General Manager, manages the customer services program, staff, and activities supporting sales and customer service. Ensures the maintenance of department and GNC standards of quality and service. Assists in the coordination and enforcement of the quality control program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate all functions of customer service activities of the customer service, and estimating departments.
- Develops and maintains effective department through proper selection, training, and assignment of personnel. Evaluates, promotes, terminates employees, and recommends promotions and increases. Maintains good employee relations. Assists subordinates in day-to-day job related problem solving.
- Responsible for all of the following: order taking and processing, investigation and resolution of product complaints, and specifications and coordination of customer services and orders with tech services, pre-flight, production, purchasing, traffic, design, shipping and/or accounting.
- Works with sales and customer service to reduce the level of unnecessary raw board and finished product in the warehouse.
- Assists sales and customer service with cost savings and efficiency programs.
- Evaluates department productivity and functionability, revises procedures or devises new forms and methods to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Regularly reviews the progress of work in the department. Directs meetings to resolve such things as problem accounts, quality and team issues.
- Handles customer correspondence, complaints and inquiries. Conduct independent customer surveys for quality and service feedback.
- Coordinates and assists in the enforcement of the quality control program by tracking and evaluating customer complaints and internal areas of concerns.
- Evaluates and approves hourly customer service, and estimating employees time and attendance; tracks and maintains overtime and vacation hours.
- Works with management in the development, implementation and enforcement of office and Company policies and procedures.