Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; near-site clinic; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Responsible for performing a variety of routine to moderately complex work activities in accordance with general work instructions and established fulfillment practices. Performs various administrative and Fulfillment related tasks, and demonstrates effective and efficient performance in accordance with GNC quality and efficiency standards by performing the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Maintains Task Prioritizer (fulfillment schedule) in excel to include but not limited to, adding new jobs by scheduled release date, tracking progress of each job, reconcile against CF-FC project schedule to insure that all jobs are included.
- Attends Daily Transition meeting between shifts.
- Create a job folder for each job to include a parts list and location, quality sheets, checklist and training sheet. Insure quantities produced are sufficient for order requested. Checks 3M product database for timely arrival of customer supplied product and investigate any purchased parts not received to identify PO discrepancies and communicate with customer service for follow-up.
- Provide operational support by creating load tags for orders insuring order quantity is accurate and parts are tagged as shippable, print all retails, placards, labels, memos as required for each order, note any special/unique requirements, download and send first article pictures to customer service, and provide WIP reports to forklift drivers and leads to facilitate timely delivery of part. Follow-up with customer service or design with any questions or discrepancies for line set-up.
- Assist in the maintenance updating of production performance metrics.
- Update production and time tracking to monitor productivity results versus expectations and analyze any variances and assist in determining solutions.
- Investigate any shortage/discrepancy of parts during production and any over or under builds. Reconcile finished quantities produced versus shipped.
- Create miscellaneous cost files to charge responsible parties for issues impacting profitability such as sorts and reworks and send information to the appropriate personnel.
- Assure that timesheets from line leads have been reconciled with task prioritizer and temporary labor pool total hours report. Investigate any differences to insure accurate charges by personnel and costs accumulated by each job.
- Assure all jobs are closed out by verifying quantities finished, entering hours into task time, entering hours into Imaginera job costing, moving task summary excel file to completed jobs folder. Confirm any gain/loss and inform the Fulfillment Team to identify reasons and correct for future orders.
- Assist fulfillment superintendent with month-end reporting by identifying work in progress at month-end in coordination with inventory personnel for consistent reporting, insure all completed jobs are entered by third business day of each month, enter personnel hours charged to administration providing an explanation of said hours, run reports from task time that list profitability of each job and help identify any variances in monthly performance.
- Assures effective, timely, professional communication between CF-fulfillment and customer service through email, calendar, phone, radio, etc.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.