Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern can offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Organize MRO parts and enter them into the inventory management system. Develop inventory control procedures along with kitting of parts for work orders. This position will also work with other departments such as, Maintenance, Purchasing, and other related departments as needed.
- Parts room organization-enter parts into inventory system(s) and assign locations, move items into unutilized storage cabinets, organize store rooms and label parts with bar codes
- Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicates opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- General Industrial engineering, not limited to updating drawings, developing inventory control, and understanding machine repair operations. Other duties may consist of infrastructure maintenance to include cleaning, painting, organizing, or labeling.
- Change or create all plant drawings.
- Create and complete work orders using the CMMS.
- Use the CMMS inventory for ATS or receiving parts.
- All other duties as assigned
- The Maintenance summer help must hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and must be enrolled in an Engineering program from a UW accredited college following the enrollment guidelines for other summer help positions.
- Candidates need to be Majoring in an Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering field.
Persons hired are required to work primarily Monday through Friday first shift (6:00 AM to 2:00 PM).
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer