Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Responsible for performing a varied assortment of Fulfillment tasks that include but are not limited to running the x/y gluer machines, folding, forming, kitting, assembly, gluing, stripping, wrapping, banding, stitching, taping, coating, cutting, floor operations requiring handwork, and any other tasks as assigned by the Fulfillment Supervisor, Group Lead, or Line Leads. Individual will be trained to be placed wherever work load requires to aid in the profitable flow of customer product from production through delivery while maintaining customer specifications and GNC quality and efficiency standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Assists in operation of x/y gluer including but not limited to setting up the machine, adding glue, adding plastic parts to the corrugate, folding, and forming parts
- Operates stitcher, wrapper, bander, laminator, and various other machinery on site.
- Is capable of performing all assembly tasks including but not limited to; kitting, folding, gluing, forming, and other assembly tasks as assigned.
- Prints load tags for finished goods, raw material, and work in process items as necessary.
- Sets up and adjusts fulfillment equipment as necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Works within clearly defined GNC process guidelines and customer specifications.
- Looks up inventory items as needed in the Amtech, Neology, and Kiwi operating systems.
- Finds written instructions for specific tasks in Webcenter and design files where they are housed.
- Performs cleanup activities in production and on the grounds as assigned.
- Ability to identify, verify and match expectations on quality sheets for each specific set of expectations.
- Provides assistance to other associates throughout the production area as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Follows all quality, safety, and operational procedures and work instructions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Individual must possess: High school diploma or equivalency; one year manufacturing experience preferred; ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions, decimals and percentages; ability to follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions; good interpersonal and verbal communication skills; legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms; ability to solve problems and make adjustments regarding equipment, processes, procedures, and product conformity to meet specifications and quality standards; the ability to identify and distinguish color; ability to deal effectively with deadline pressures.
1st shift – 6:30am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday.
2nd shift – 2:30pm to 10:30pm, Monday through Friday.
*Must be available to work overtime*
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer