Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Assists with management and maintenance of Great Northern Corporation’s servers, network infrastructure, software licensing, WAN/LAN and communications at 3 locations. Assists with planning, organizing, and implementing equipment and software related to GNC’s network infrastructure, including integration of production equipment to the network. Also assists with maintaining all areas of GNC’s information systems. Uses good business judgment to make recommendations on network and communication matters. Effective performance, professionalism, and trust is required to maintain company image.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
Network Administration/Server Support
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects
- Coordinates special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
- Maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information
- Assists in installing, designing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software
- Analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems
- Monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges; installs, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances
- Assist with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security
- Performs daily server tape backups; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems
- Researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking
- Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support
- Recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services
- Keeps current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements
- Provides support to other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training
E-mail/Internet/ Systems Support
- Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts
- Provides e-mail software support
- Assists with management of anti-spam and anti-virus servers
- Researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations
- Provides solutions to identified problems
- Assist with maintaining email archives
- Assist in the planning and design of telecommunications systems
- Coordinates the ordering and installation of telecommunications and data systems equipment and cabling
- Researches, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves telecommunications related problems; develops and Implements telecommunications operational procedures and documentation
- Creates and/or modifies voicemail and call features
- Maintain up-to-date job knowledge through professional reading and affiliation with appropriate industry organizations.
- Reviews and analyzes software and hardware capacity needs, recommending changes and upgrades to provide efficient, effective, and timely service to users.
- Upon completion of training, is authorized to view designated protected health information, including electronic protected health information for the sole purpose of repair, upgrade, maintenance, or security related issues, in accordance with established HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintains all company data as confidential
- Remains current on changes in policies, procedures, and product information.
- Knows, understands, and follows all general rules and office policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.