Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern Corporation is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages, the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Due to continued success and growth, we are increasing our staff. Ideal candidates for this position will possess three (3) to five (5) years of maintenance experience with a strong electrical and mechanical background, but those that are mechanically inclined are also encouraged to apply. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone. Candidate must be open to all shifts. Corrugated experience would be beneficial, but not a requisite.
Responsible for electrical and mechanical repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance to all production and facility equipment in addition to installation of said equipment in the plant, warehouse, and office areas by performing the following duties.
- Performs electromechanical repairs, preventative maintenance and maintenance of all equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Performs electromechanical maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, water, electric power, gas and air required for smooth, uninterrupted operations.
- Maintains the company security, fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Assists plant engineer/maintenance manager, supervisors and maintenance staff with the operation of the preventative maintenance program which includes the vibration analysis and electric motor testing program.
- Inspects and insures that all operating machines and equipment conform to electrical and mechanical operational quality standards.
- Assists with the implementation of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of equipment, labor and materials.
- Keeps maintenance area neat, clean and orderly; cleans up after completing maintenance work throughout the plant.
- Monitors building and exterior grounds to keep all areas clean and neat.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Individual must possess: high school diploma or equivalency plus two years of other schooling in a maintenance-related field such as Electromechanical Technology, Industrial Electronics, or Apprenticeship training, or 5 years of experience in an electromechanical position; excellent safety record; ability to operate computer and a wide range of hand tools, test instruments, machining equipment and maintenance equipment; ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions, decimals and percentages; ability to follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions or blueprints, and reading of schematic diagrams; excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms; ability to delegate responsibility when appropriate; ability to: plan, prioritize and organize work effectively; work effectively under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms), propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions made and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
Persons hired are required to be available to work M-F, and be available for any shift: 1st shift – 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, 2nd shift – 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM, 3rd shift –10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Overtime is also required which can include 12 hour shifts, some Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.