Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Responsible for electrical and mechanical repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance to all production and facility equipment in addition to installation of said equipment in the plant, warehouse, and office areas by performing the following duties.
- Performs electromechanical repairs, preventative maintenance and maintenance of all equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Performs electromechanical maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, water, electric power, gas and air required for smooth, uninterrupted operations.
- Maintains the company security, fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Assists maintenance manager, supervisors and maintenance staff with the operation of the preventative maintenance program which includes the vibration analysis and electric motor testing program.
- Inspects and insures that all operating machines and equipment conform to electrical and mechanical operational quality standards.
- Assists with the implementation of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of equipment, labor and materials.
- Requisitions tools, electrical test equipment and maintenance supplies required for plant operation.
- Keeps an up-to-date inventory and file of all machine parts and maintenance supplies.
- Confers with maintenance manager, production manager, maintenance lead, supervisors and other appropriate personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, equipment and processes.
- Keeps maintenance area neat, clean and orderly; cleans up after completing maintenance work throughout the plant.
- Monitors building and exterior grounds to keep all areas clean and neat.
- Records and files complete machine histories relating to maintenance problems and cures, trouble shooting methods, services required, spare parts and parts vendors.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individual must possess: high school diploma or equivalency plus two years of other schooling in a maintenance-related field such as Electromechanical Technology, Automation Engineering, apprenticeship training, or 5 years experience in an electromechanical position; excellent safety record; ability to operate computer and a wide range of hand tools, test instruments, machining equipment and maintenance equipment; ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions, decimals and percentages; ability to follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions or blueprints, and reading of schematic diagrams; excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; legible handwriting to record information and fill out forms; ability to delegate responsibility when appropriate; ability to: plan, prioritize and organize work effectively; work effectively under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms), propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions made and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
This is a 2nd shift position. The hours will be Monday through Thursday, 2:45pm to 11:15pm and Friday, 1:30pm to 7:30pm. Overtime hours may apply.
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer