Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages, the company has a competitive benefits packaging including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Responsible for electrical and mechanical repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance to all production and facility equipment in addition to installation of said equipment in the plant, warehouse, and office areas by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.
- Performs electro-mechanical repairs, preventative maintenance and maintenance of all equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Performs electro-mechanical maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, water, electric power, gas and air required for smooth, uninterrupted operations.
- Maintains the company security, fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Assists plant engineer/maintenance manager, supervisors and maintenance staff with the operation of the preventative maintenance program which includes the vibration analysis and electric motor testing program.
- Inspects and insures that all operating machines and equipment conform to electrical and mechanical operational quality standards.
- Assists with the implementation of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of equipment, labor and materials.
- Requisitions tools, electrical test equipment and maintenance supplies required for plant operation.
- Keeps an up-to-date inventory and file of all machine parts and maintenance supplies.
- Confers with plant engineer/maintenance manager, production manager, supervisors and other appropriate personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, equipment and processes.
- Keeps maintenance area neat, clean and orderly; cleans up after completing maintenance work throughout the plant.
- Monitors building and exterior grounds to keep all areas clean and neat.
- Records and files complete machine histories relating to maintenance problems and cures, trouble shooting methods, services required, spare parts and parts vendors.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Knows, understands and follows all plant safety rules, general rules and procedures.
- Remains current on changes in policies, procedures and product information, attending authorized training programs and seminars.
- Be available for on-call and overtime work.