Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Laminations, a division of Great Northern Corporation and leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for full-time Maintenance Technician at our Allentown, PA facility.
In addition to excellent hourly rates the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; sickness and accident benefits; vacations; holidays; shift differential; profit sharing and, 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Responsible for mechanical repairs, maintenance and preventative maintenance to all production and facility equipment in addition to installation of said equipment in the plant, warehouse, and office areas by performing the following duties. Basic electrical and welding experience is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Performs predictive and preventative repairs of all equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Adheres and actively participates in lock out/tag out practices and procedures. Keeps all documentation up to date of lock out/tag out and works with Safety Director to maintain safe practices.
- Assists Operations Manager, supervisors and maintenance staff with the operation of the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects and insures that all operating machines and equipment conform to electrical and mechanical operational quality standards.
- Assists with the implementation of new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of equipment, labor and materials.
- Confers with plant manager, production manager, supervisors and other appropriate personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, equipment and processes.
- All other reasonable duties as required.
- Must have punctual and regular attendance.
- Assist in all phases of machine and department operation as needed for breaks, changes, or special projects.
- Keep up to date with any ongoing machine improvements.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Foster an attitude of lean thinking, sustain improvements and follow lean initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalency plus 3-5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance related field in a manufacturing environment;
- Excellent safety record
- Ability to operate computer and a wide range of hand tools, test instruments, machining equipment and maintenance equipment
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations involving adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions, decimals and percentages;
- Ability to follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions or blueprints, and reading of schematic diagrams;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Other KSA’s in full job description
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE:
Reports directly to Operations Manager. Works closely with production supervisors, machine operators, outside contractors and parts suppliers.