Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
VP of Manufacturing
We are seeking a Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for assuring compliance with Great Northern – Twin Cities Quality Policy and Procedures, Customer Requirement and Environmental regulations. There will be an emphasis placed on product quality control, process control, quantitative measurements and environmental compliance.
- Provide interface and support to customer quality issues and concerns to facilitate an effective response and lead a course of action for problem resolution.
- Perform product specific tasks as required. (i.e. First Article Inspection, Qualification testing/assurance, Failure analysis, Root Cause analysis, Customer press checks and Product Inspections).
- Participate in the review of design, manufacturing, test, and qualification requirements.
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with all Quality and Environmental standards.
- Enhance and maintain GNC Twin Cities quality reporting system, in concert with providing internal and external performance metrics. Review quality trends, track root causes, initiate and implement corrective actions, and track effectiveness.
- Maintain GNC Twin Cities Quality System.
- Lead internal and external Audits and maintain all applicable documentation.
- Site specific coordinator for Environmental Compliance requirements.
- Provide input and recommendations to management on process and/or procedural improvements. At times, will lead process improvement efforts.
- Interact with representatives from a variety of functional groups such as Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, GNC Management, Sales, Customer Service, Project Management, Manufacturing Supervision and Direct Labor.
- Four-year degree in Engineering, Operations, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with an emphasis in manufacturing operations, quality and/or safety/occupational health.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
- A commitment to ethical business standards and personal integrity.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication.
- High level of ability to work effectively with employees and managers/supervisors and the ability to convey a positive and professional image to employees and customers.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, E-mail, Publisher and Excel) spreadsheet applications. Exposure to other computer software such as Manifest or Plant Data Collection.
- Experience with reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure, manuals and order specifications.
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions to define problems.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Exposure to a sales, manufacturing and distribution environment preferred.
- Approachable and supportive when working with others.
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer