Great Northern Corporation, a manufacturer of corrugated packaging and display items is seeking a 1st shift Material Handler/Receiving.
The Material Handler will be responsible for efficiently and accurately pulling material for production orders, performing material stocking and material handling operations throughout the Plant Operations facility and the Warehouse/Distribution facility.
- Separate and route products to assembly or to inventory.
- Put away inventory in the appropriate locations and record the transactions in the computer system.
- Verify shipping plan with Delivery Receipt before releasing shipment.
- Make sure Special Instructions are followed.
- Perform established quality inspections.
- Units that are not properly packaged for shipment need to be processed through our “Shipment Integrity” station.
- Perform the required daily machine and work area maintenance as directed, ensure that aisles are swept, and trash is discarded when discovered. Keep exits and aisles clear and accessible at all times.
- Participate in periodic staff meetings as required of the position. Participate in periodic development and training programs as required.
- Operate forklift to transport materials.
- Keep Safety in mind at all times and report any potential hazards to your supervisor or Safety committee member immediately.
- Approachable and supportive when working with others.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous job-related tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time by a Management Representative.
- Daily forklift pre-shift inspection.
- Unload Incoming purchased product.
- Receiving and inspection of incoming product using Imaginera software.
- Disposition of received product using Top Gun to locate properly.
|Customer Orientation||Ability to operate with the customer’s best interest in mind.
Excellent Phone skills.
|Creativity||Look for ways to improve relationships with customers and to make servicing the customers more efficient.|
|Ethics & Integrity||Take responsibility for actions and use best judgement when making decisions. Be responsible for your own safety and those of others.|
|Collaboration||Ability to work with other departments and facilities.|
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two to three years’ experience and/or training in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Current forklift certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure, manuals and order specifications.
- Knowledge of material handling operations, methods and best practices.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- Mechanical and spatial aptitude. Attention to detail, accuracy and quality. Enthusiasm, dedication, reliability and punctuality required.
- Self-directed, takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes; follow through on implementation.
- Ability to move from task/assignment to another on short notice.
- Personal computer skills using a variety of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to use computer keyboard/typing skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment.
GNC offers an excellent benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, paid time off, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, etc. We are a Tobacco Free campus.