Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Laminations, a division of Great Northern Corporation and leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for Operations Manager at our Wilsonville, OR facility.
In addition to excellent hourly rates the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; vacation; holiday pay; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
The Operations Manager has P&L accountability for a plant including planning, overseeing, and managing current and future production activities; as well as, timely delivery of finished products; and collaboration with the sales team to “help our customers’ win by doing what others can’t or won’t”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Owns safety compliance and culture, elimination of hazards and the wellbeing of employees.
- Develops leaders as necessary to “help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future”.
- Leads continuous improvement and develops plans to achieve all plant goals and objectives.
- Manages paper and glue inventory for plant.
- Monitors activities of salaried and hourly employees to assure adherence to company values.
- Plans and executes capital projects to provide capacity and performance improvement.
- Understands the needs of our customers and prospects and leads collaboration with sales team.
- Leads the managing for daily performance process.
- Oversees the maintenance, receiving, shipping and quality functions.
- All other reasonable duties as required.
- Directly or indirectly supervise the following employees:
- Plant Supervisors and Production Schedulers
- All hourly employees
- Crew Leaders
- Shipping Coordinator
- Customer Service and Office Support
- Make major decisions concerning the following areas:
- Production and Quality
- Personnel Issues and Staffing
- Collaboration and support of other plants
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a minimum of four-year college or university program; a minimum of five years supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, suppliers, customers and public groups,
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE:
Reports directly to the President. Works closely with all internal department managers, managers of other plants, customer service, sales, purchasing, Corporate EHS Director, and Human Resources.