Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Negotiable based on experience.
Under general supervision and following established procedures, the Pre-press Technician is responsible for performing a variety of graphics and pre-production related tasks and support functions for Manufacturing, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Working in programs including, but not limited to Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Webcenter, Automation Engine, Colorgate, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Preflight, proofing, and creating layouts for customers’ art
- Printing and maintaining color accurate proofs
- Outputting and inspecting lithographic plates for accuracy and quality
- Provides technical support to Customer Service, Sales and Production on color, graphics, and printing
- A two or four year degree in Graphic Communication or related fields or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Adobe CC programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Practical experience in Workflow/RIP System (Automation Engine, Colorgate)-Preferred
- Ability to work with Windows-based operating systems-Preferred
- Previous exposure to the manufacturing processes involved in lithographic and digital print production
Training Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
Once training is complete the hours will be Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with some flexibility
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer