Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated and protective packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are currently welcoming candidates for full-time production employment at our Allentown, PA facility. Interested candidates are welcome to join us for an onsite job fair on Tuesday, May 14th from 11:00am to 6:00pm and Wednesday, May 15th from 7:00am to 11:00am at our plant located at 7220 Schantz Road. Visit us to learn more about the exciting opportunities that await you!
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Production positions that start at a minimum of $15.00/hour plus shift differential (if applicable). Starting pay based on manufacturing experience and skillset.
We have several openings in our production area that include Packer, Rack Person, Machine Operator and Material Handler. Please stop by our Job Fair or email us for more specific job summary & duties. information.
- Prefer candidates that hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be available to work shifts of 6:15am-2:15pm, 2:15pm-10:15pm and 10:15pm-6:15am until placed on permanent shift schedule.
- Overtime and weekends as needed.
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer