Assist the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure the production and delivery of defect free products
- Ensures compliance with quality specifications and standards
- Performs incoming inspection and testing procedures
- Teach and train operators when required
- Performs random in-process quality checks
- Applies and monitors established inspection procedures and methods.
- Compiles, tabulates and summarizes inspection data for analysis.
- Offers constructive criticism from prescribed standards of quality.
- Alerts the Quality Manager and Production Managers when processes are out of control.
- Responsible for approving/holding incoming materials.
- Teaches and trains employees to successfully produce quality parts when required.
- Quarantines and labels questionable parts and helps determine fitness for use.
- Maintains quality area, drawings, and files in an orderly manner.
- Creates electronic incoming inspection reports.
- Must be able to work overtime and on Saturdays on short notice.
- Capable of lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some formal quality experience, training or education. Experienced in reading engineering drawings and blueprints. Strong knowledge of basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, and angles). Good communicator and team member. Computer skills to include data systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to operate measuring and testing equipment (Micrometers, calipers, tape measure, push/pull force gauges, Rockwell tester). Willingness to take classes to enhance skills is required. English/Spanish is a plus.
If you are interested or know someone who is interested in this position please contact Rubén Gordillo in person at the QA lab, by phone at (847) 375-3903, or by e-mail at email@example.com.