Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
As a Recruiter/HR Generalist, you will need to have a thorough knowledge of HR best practices and have innovative ideas. If you have strong communication skills and are confident as a headhunter, we want to meet you. We like working with people who think ‘outside-the-box’ and who finish projects in a timely manner.
Ultimately, you should be able to manage our full recruitment cycle and ensure we always meet our staffing requirements.
- Partner with hiring Managers to coordinate recruitment needs.
- Develop job postings (internal & external).
- Works with Management to define job qualifications.
- Work with managers, supervisors and employees to write job descriptions and keep job descriptions updated.
- Writes job advertisements, posts with appropriate venues, and utilizes internet/social media as a recruitment tool.
- Source candidates and build a pipeline for talent from multiple sources.
- Coordinate the interviewing process, including scheduling telephone and in-person interviews along with scheduling interview rooms and other logistical details.
- Reviews job applications and resumes that are submitted by applicants.
- Works directly with staffing agencies and placement of temp-to hire candidates when appropriate.
- Schedule, administer and organize skills test and interviews with Industrial Psychologist for direct hires.
- Conducts employee orientation and the communication of employee benefits.
- Support the HR department and serve as the backup to the Human Resource Generalist in his/her absence.
- Become the Human Capital Management System (HCM) Super-User. Train others how to use the system when necessary and appropriate.
- Maintains a complete record of interviews and new hires.
- Stay up-to-date with current recruiting methods.
- Network within the community and participate in appropriate job fairs and career events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field. 3 – 5 years of related Human Resources experience.
- One to three years recruiting experience. Manufacturing environment a plus, but not necessary.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Requires the ability to practically apply knowledge in legal selection techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and professionalism throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and education backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Self-motivation and drive.
- Works well under pressure and time deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline.
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks.
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems.
- Familiarity with social media.
Monday- Friday (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer