Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
For more than 50 years, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our extensive experience in designing, developing and manufacturing packaging and display solutions guarantees that our customers have access to the resources and expertise necessary to develop packaging that performs. We are looking for a talented Part-time Recruiting Coordinator to join our team. This position is 24 hours a week. There is some flexibility regarding days and hours for the right candidate.
This role is responsible for providing a high level of Customer Service, Administrative Support, and project coordination for the Human Resources department. This position will utilize superior communications skills and professionalism to coordinate the recruiting process from start to finish. Duties include coordinating all aspects of recruiting, selection and/or hiring of new employees; developing relationships to improve recruiting and retention effectiveness; perform special projects; prepare and submit reports.
As a recruiting coordinator, you will need to have a thorough knowledge of HR best practices and have innovative ideas. If you have strong communication skills and are confident as a headhunter, we want to meet you. We like working with people who think ‘outside-the-box’ and who finish projects in a timely manner.
Ultimately, you should be able to manage our full recruitment cycle and ensure we always meet our staffing requirements.
- Coordinates recruitment needs with appropriate hiring Managers.
- Develops job postings.
- Works with Management to define job qualifications.
- Coordinates the interviewing process, including scheduling telephone and in-person interviews along with scheduling interview rooms and other logistical details.
- Reviews job applications and resumes that are submitted by applicants.
- Works directly with staffing agencies and placement of temp-to hire candidates.
- Schedules, administers and organizes skills test and interviews with Industrial Psychologist for direct hires.
- Writes job advertisements and posts with appropriate venues.
- Consult with managers to discover staff requirements and specific job objectives.
- Maintains a complete record of interviews and new hires.
- Stay up-to-date with current recruiting methods.
- Attend job fairs and career events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field. 3 – 5 years of related Human Resources experience.
- One to three years recruiting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Requires the ability to practically apply knowledge in legal selection techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and professionalism throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and education backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Works well under pressure and time deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices
- Hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems
- Familiarity with social media
We offer competitive compensation and a challenging, rewarding work environment. Candidate will be required to take a short test on site.
If you fit this profile and are ready to take the next step in a successful and rewarding career with a stable company, apply today!