Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
For more than 50 years, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our extensive experience in designing, developing and manufacturing packaging and display solutions guarantees that our customers have access to the resources and expertise necessary to develop packaging that performs. We are seeking a detailed-oriented team player to fill the position of Shipping Clerk – MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE PREFERABLY IN THE MANUFACTURING FIELD. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform well in a dynamic environment that has changing priorities and duties. As a Shipping Clerk your primary responsibilities is to ensure that product is shipped out correctly and in a timely manner to meet customer requirements. Maintain shipping records and handle any necessary paperwork.
Hours for this position are: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, or 7:30 am– 4:00 pm, or 7:00 am– 3:30 pm. GNC is willing to accommodate schedule for the ideal candidate. Overtime as needed.
Operating Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Process a variety of reports to identify open orders and create shipping plans.
- Review open orders, check status, review open inventory items and out of stock items.
- Responsible for communicating timely, ensuring on-time performance.
- Check products for defects and accuracy.
- Ensure posting of outbound deliveries using designated software.
- Responsible for the pulling, packing and shipping of finished goods.
- Report and replace any defective item prior to packing.
- Prepare packing slips and delivery orders.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in company database.
- Create Delivery Receipts, Pick Lists, and BOL’s using the IT system.
- Load outgoing trucks according to shipping plans, ensure loads are safe and stable to prevent damage.
- Operate forklift to transport materials.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two to three years’ experience and/or training in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Current forklift certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving, and outbound shipment operations, methods and best practices.
- Proven analytical and communication skills and the ability to identify customer needs and communicate them to constituents.
- Self-directed, takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes; follow through on implementation.
- Mechanical and spatial aptitude. Attention to detail, accuracy and quality. Enthusiasm, dedication, reliability and punctuality required.
- Ability to move from task/assignment to another on short notice.
- Personal computer skills using a variety of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to learn and use other software/systems as required.
- Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment.
We offer competitive compensation and beneﬁts packages and a challenging, rewarding work environment. Candidate will be required to take a short test on site.
If you fit this profile and are ready to take the next step in a successful and rewarding career with a stable company, apply today!