Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders – integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, “We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The “win” for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, “We help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others “can’t or won’t” for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We a safe, clean, and friendly environment!
We offer excellent starting wage of $16.50/hour plus shift differential for 2nd & 3rd shifts.
Accumulate, count & pack goods produced on the VBoard (paper laminated together in stick form and used as protective packaging for products during shipping) machine. Inspect all goods as they come off the line for proper lamination, pieces sticking together, correct length and general appearance of printing. Help to produce the finest quality product at rates and standards consistent with the Company’s desire to be a Preferred Supplier of cost effective, top quality products.
- Communicate any quality problems to the Crew Leader in a timely fashion.
- Maintain an accurate count of all pieces packed on pallets. Communicate any count deviation from the standard VBoard packaging schedule to the VB Operator.
- Place the correct shipping label onto pallet.
- Be conscious of the general appearance of pallets being packed.
- Separate all waste and dispose of properly.
- Be in constant communication with Crew Leader.
- Assist operator as needed.
- All other reasonable duties as required.
- Qualified candidates must hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be open to work any shift of 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm or 10p to 6am
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer