Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Laminations, a division of Great Northern Corporation and leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for full-time production employment at our Fontana, CA facility. We are looking for individuals interested in becoming part of a successful and progressive company with well-maintained equipment that embraces Lean philosophies and has a culture of wellness.
In addition to excellent hourly rates the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; sickness and accident benefits; vacations; holidays; shift differential; pension plan and, 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
VBOARD CREW LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
Set up orders for machine and direct crew to produce the finest quality product at rates and standards consistent with the Company’s desire to be a Preferred Supplier of cost effective, top quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Ensure efficient staffing for machine, inform supervisor when problems arise.
- Set up computer for daily work load
- Walk down length of machine to ensure it is ready to run.
- Monitor glue levels; maintain a clean and efficient glue system.
- Check calipers and length, adjust as needed.
- Document data collection.
- Be in constant communication with supervisors and crew members.
- Maintain productions reports
- Maintain sample rack.
- Participate in continuous improvement and effectively communicate opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- All other reasonable duties as required.
- Assist in all phases of machine and department operation as needed for breaks, changes, or special projects.
- Keep up to date with any ongoing machine improvements.
- Maintain cleanliness to ensure safety of all personnel.
- Foster an attitude of lean thinking, sustain improvements and motivating the rest of the crew to not be satisfied with status quo.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Prefer candidates that hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months leadership experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be available to work shifts of 6am-2:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm and 10:00pm-6:00am until placed on permanent shift schedule
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE:
- Work closely and be in constant communication with Operations Manager & Shift Supervisors for direction on daily work schedule, staff for machine and up-coming order changes.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed. Report any unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries to supervision immediately.
- Ensure good communication between shifts.