Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; long and short term disability; paid time off; holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Performs accurate and timely (daily) customer invoice records and balances subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger. Records payments to customers’ accounts and maintains accounts receivable records with a high degree of accuracy; enlists Account Managers/Management support and recommends actions related to uncollectible accounts. Reviews new account applications and performs credit references. Actively participates in and contributes to the team concept of Great Northern Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Prepares and processes customer invoices and credit memos on a daily basis or oversees work of Accounting/Administrative Assistant in performing these tasks. Posts to subsidiary accounts and verifies accuracy in regard to quantities, sales tax and ancillary billing lines.
- Uses billing instructions or solicits feedback from Customer Service to resolve billing questions prior to invoicing. Works with Customer Service to ensure that a backlog of unprocessed invoices does not build to an unmanageable level and that invoicing occurs as soon as possible but not later than the first workday of the following month.
- Analyzes documentation or data downloads to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of ancillary billing lines, including:
- Freight charges to customers
- Pallet exchange or charge
- Cutting dies and printing plates – weekly/per billing instructions. Provide spreadsheet to customer service for identification of additional cutting dies and print plates to be billed.
- Works with Sales, Customer Service and Traffic in monitoring invoicing paperwork.
- Works with Sales and Customer Service on all new customer accounts, including verifying potential customers are in good standing with creditors listed on their credit application by sending credit requests or using outside sources. Verifies that tax-exempt forms and customer data sheets are filled out properly. Ensures required down payments are received when necessary.
- Works with Sales, Customer Service and Customers in regard to maintaining customer master files with any customer changes and name changes, and invoicing concerns such as pricing, quantities, and product quality. Obtain authorized signatures for account adjustments or invoicing.
- Oversees intercompany cash process and serves as a back-up to the Accounting Assistant to ensure process is completed weekly.
- Submits credit information to our customer’s potential vendors as a courtesy to our customers.
- Generates and distributes various month-end reports.
- Completes Revenue related work papers for the annual audit.
Accounts Receivable Management:
- Provides backup/information to Accounting/Administrative Assistant to apply cash receipts to correct invoices.
- Provides backup to Accounting/Administrative Assistant to post and update daily cash receipts.
- Work with account managers, customer service and customers on questions pertaining to outstanding invoices.
- Monitors and maintains outstanding accounts.
- Follows through on short payments and over payments.
- Works with Sales and Customer Service in monitoring customer accounts and terms.
- Communicates effectively with customers in regard to payment collection, including establishing payment dates, payment schedules and sending final notices.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for all managers and Account Managers of past due accounts. Identifies and ensures that necessary action is taken when support is required from Account Managers.
- In conjunction with the Accounting Supervisor, works with account managers/Sales Manager/VP, General Manager to determine accounts to write-off. Prepares and processes all necessary paperwork for noncollectable accounts to send to a collection agency.
- Backs-up the Accounting Assistant in the preparation of the inter-company cash receipts, weekly. Balances the inter-company cash receipts, monthly.