Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Laminations, a division of Great Northern Corporation and leading producer of edge protective packaging is welcoming candidates for 2nd shift Production Supervisor at our Jacksonville, FL facility.
In addition to excellent hourly rates the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; short and long term disability; vacation; holiday pay; profit sharing and, 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production employees. This position also plans and assigns work & employee schedules, implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Oversee all aspects of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Employee Engagement.
- Provide leadership through coaching of crews and employees. Encourage employee growth.
- Assist in hiring, onboarding, training.
- Administer employee performance reviews, compensation, & discipline.
- Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicate opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- Manage departmental performance measures and provide regular progress reports to Operations Manager.
- Monitor activities of hourly employees to maintain safe and efficient operation.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Communicate with all departments regarding production, customer service, quality etc.
- All other reasonable duties as required.
- Be able to directly and indirectly supervise the following employees:
- All hourly employees
- Crew Leaders
- Work with Operations Manager regarding decisions concerning the following areas:
- Production and Quality
- Personnel Issues and Staffing
- Requires less than 5% of travel time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess five to eight years’ experience in a production environment and a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
WORK RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE:
Reports directly to Operations Manager. Works closely with scheduling, payroll, customer service, sales, purchasing, Corporate EHS Manager, and Human Resources.