Great Northern’s important role in helping the country sustain health and recover from the spread of the coronavirus is clear. Our manufacturing plants support the packaging and transportation of food, medical supplies, and chemicals/cleaners. Without our products, the supply chain breaks down. The United States Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has determined businesses that make packaging for food and agriculture, medical supplies, and chemicals are “critical manufacturing” businesses. In turn, we have emphasized with our vendor partners how important they are in supporting Great Northern.
Our mission is to help our customers. Great Northern is committed to ensuring our customers receive the highest quality products on-time. Our supply chain remains strong and we are taking the appropriate actions to protect our employees as we can continue to fill orders for you. Among our actions to support our customers:
- Our supply chain professionals have been in contact with our raw material suppliers (mainly paper, glue and ink) to discuss foreseeable issues and identify potential alternative suppliers. We do not have any anticipated supply chain disruptions.
- We have developed backup plans in the event a primary production input is at risk.
- Great Northern maintains disaster recovery plans and alternative manufacturing capacity in the event one of our manufacturing facilities is severely impacted.
One of Great Northern’s core values is a Shared Future. Now more than ever, the health, safety and well-being of our fellow teammates is utmost in our minds. In addition to practicing social distancing in our workplace, here are some of the actions we have taken to protect our employees:
- Increased sanitizing of our facilities and prohibited large gatherings
- Restricted plant visitors to only essential service and delivery folks
- Implemented flexible staffing solutions to ensure our production lines have capacity to meet customer’s needs
- Limited staff travel, including plant-to-plant and customer visits
Great Northern leadership continues to meet daily to address the changing nature of the virus outbreak and to revise our pandemic practices using the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC and local authorities.
Learn how Great Northern is Emerging Stronger in our current environment.