Are you ready to take the next steps in a successful and rewarding career with a growing and stable company? Do you have strong customer service orientation? Do you thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? If so, Great Northern has an excellent opportunity for you. We are the leader in manufacturing Corrugated packaging and display items.
Great Northern is looking for an Online Account Service Representative. In this role, you will work closely with both external customers and other internal stakeholders in ensuring that our customer’s expectations are exceeded.
The Online Account Service Representative is responsible for handling and following through on customers’ requests for service and product information in support of our online sales activity. You will use a consultative service approach to motivate customers and prospects into making a purchase decision.
- Interact with the customer on questions related to quotes and product offerings in an urgent and accurate manner.
- Influence the customer into making a purchase decision utilizing electronic/phone-based sales methods.
- Inform customers of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Provide price quotations for customers and prospective customers.
- Interact with our logistics team to determine best way to ship product and provide accurate shipping quotes to customers.
- Live chat online to answer customer questions and answer customer phone line.
- Write, type, or edit orders, or enter data accurately into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
- Record or file copies of orders.
- Assist in ascertaining credit rating of customer.
- Check inventory control and notifies stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock.
- Determine production routing of custom orders according to specifications and machine capabilities.
- Initiate purchase requisitions.
- Route orders to appropriate department for order processing.
- Follow up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Investigate and resolve routine requests and customer complaints.
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, and warehouse staff to expedite orders and trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Cross-sell additional merchandise to customer.
- Back up and provide support to various other internal teams.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational improvement opportunities: reading industry and marketing publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in sales and marketing organizations.
- Provide some administrative support for management.
- Compile statistics and prepares various reports for management.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous job-related tasks as may be assigned from time-to-time by a Management Representative.
Creative Service Orientation
Ability to influence/drive customer into making a purchase decision. An unrelenting sense of urgency to service the customer.
Highly creative with strong spatial visualization.
|Ethics & Integrity||Take responsibility for actions and use best judgement when making decisions. Be responsible for your own safety and those of others.|
|Collaboration||Ability to work with other departments and facilities.|
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous demonstrable service or sales experience in one or more of the following industries: Commercial Printing, Corrugated Packaging, Corrugated Displays, Prepress Services, Folding Cartons or Digital Printing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and E-mail).
- Exposure to other computer software such as accounting, purchasing, manifest or plant data collection.
- Strong Mathematical acumen
- Highly creative with strong spatial visualization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Previous experience with Amtech Imaginera software is highly preferred.
- Exposure to sales, manufacturing/machine routing distribution environment preferred.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to influence/drive customer into making a purchase decision.
- Unrelenting sense of urgency to service the customer.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent phone etiquette and interpersonal communications skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers, and the ability to convey a positive and professional image of service and support to employees at all levels of responsibility in the company.
- Accuracy in work and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
GNC offers an excellent benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, profit sharing, 401(K), paid holidays, paid time off, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, etc. We are a Tobacco Free campus.