Are you looking to begin a career with an established and stable local company? We have a GREAT opportunity for you!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets. Our vision is to help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future. This is an exciting time to join and be a part of our growing team.
In addition to excellent wages, the company has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a friendly environment and room for growth!
This full-time position is the direct communication link between the customer, design, production, sales, and outside vendors. Our Project Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of POP programs/projects. This includes, but is not limited to: estimating, quoting, purchasing, order entry, press approvals, building relationships with customers and external vendors, invoicing, and job costing. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to accurately coordinate complex projects from start to finish in a fast paced environment.
- Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicates opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- Receives customer order information directly from customers or from the Account Manager(s).
- Brings together all of the necessary order entry specifications and details so the order can be manufactured and delivered per the customer’s request.
- Calculates and verifies product pricing per established company schedules.
- Enters all order specification information into the computer including customer, product, boards, dies, inks, design, pricing, bundling, ship dates, and so forth.
- Expedites product orders through design, technical services, manufacturing and shipping to meet customer expectations.
- Prioritize and adjust order schedules to satisfy customer needs and maximize company efficiency.
- Maintain customer inventories and release products as determined by the customers and/or Account Manager(s).
- Estimate new product costs based on materials cost guidelines.
- Report customer complaints and issue credits as required.
- Communicate and interact with external and internal customers daily.
- Follow up on invoice discrepancies.
- Working with customers and sales for best business practices required.
- Managing inventory from order entry to on-time delivery through aged and obsolete status.
- On time delivery including but not limited to:
- Daily machine schedules (overbooking)
- Late deliveries due to production/shipping schedules
- Missed shipments
- Customers/changing schedules
- Working knowledge of the online purchase order management system known as Fortis
- Correcting and filing all purchase orders and purchase order attachments electronically.
- Working knowledge of Great Northern’s estimating, order entry and scheduling software; HRMS and KIWI.
- Confirming deliveries and communicating late orders
- Follow up to all received P.O.’s
- Auto order acknowledgements
- Ordering, quoting and inventory management of customer P.O.’s ordered from an outside location
- Backing up department personnel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Requires a high school diploma, two year technical degree preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must also have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Environment